We’re opening the barn door and asking you to join us this May for the first-ever Adopt a Horse Month!
Like dogs and cats, horses need safe rehoming options. Horse adoption is not yet as common as it is for our smaller animal friends—but we, along with a dedicated team of partners, are working to change that. How? Partially by raising our voices and making the people aware that it is, in fact, possible to adopt a horse, and informing them of the tons of great benefits that come with adoption!
All May long we’ll be shining a massive, Clydesdale-sized spotlight on horses and how horse adoption saves lives. By learning about equine adoption and encouraging others to do the same, you’ll be a hero for horses. And if you don’t want to stop there, we’ve got a hoof full of ways you can get involved and make a lifesaving difference for horses.
Whether you have a desire to get out and visit a barn or want to do good from your couch, here’s how you can get involved and change horses’ lives during Adopt a Horse Month:
- Hoof it to our beautiful new Adopt a Horse Month event page and sign the petition to make Adopt a Horse Month an annual event.
- Ride on over to My Right Horse to see (and please share!) lovable equines of all types who are available for adoption right now.
- Post about what you’ve learned on social media using #AdoptAHorse and #RightHorse.
- Follow our equine adoption program, The Right Horse Initiative, on Instagram and Facebook.
- Don’t keep your newfound equine adoption knowledge to yourself: Tell your family, friends and that coworker with a horse-obsessed kid to explore horse adoption during the month of May.
Thank you for making room in your hearts this #AdoptAHorse month for our equine friends.
Source: Read Full Article